Go back to the main page
Talks and poster presentations: submission details
For speakers and poster presenters
Please check the planning of talks and poster sessions to find out when you are supposed to present and in what format, a talk or a poster.
All poster presenters and speakers are asked to create their profiles on the Zenodo platform.
For poster presenters
You need to prepare:
- A description: feel free to reuse your submission abstract
- Your poster: portrait orientation, A0 format, pdf
- A pre-recorded video presentation describing your poster: 12 slides, 7 minutes max in mp4 format, <1 GB
and submit it to Zenodo platform, Disease Maps Community.
Participants of the poster sessions are expected to check your poster beforehand, the link will appear on the website as soon as you submit. Poster sessions will be dedicated to discussions about the contents of the posters, and will take place in dedicated Discussion Rooms.
Check the agenda for the links.
How to record a video of your poster presentation
Microphone and video settings:
- Check your microphone settings and your position with respect to the camera for the duration of the talk recording: sufficient light, appropriate angle, absence of background noise, etc.
- Record your presentation with a voice narrative and camera on.
- Prepare the slides and the text.
- Rehearse the talk.
- Coordinate the speech with the slides.
- Respect time limit.
- Let your colleagues watch your recording.
- Repeat recording if needed.
- Follow instructions How to Make a Video in PowerPoint - ppt to video
You need to plan a 15 minutes talk which will be followed by 5 minutes of Q&A.
Please upload your abstract and, if possilbe, slides to the Zenodo platform, Disease Maps Community, following the instructions below.
The live talks will be recorded during the meeting and made available to the presenters. You are then encouraged to upload these videos to your corresponding Zenodo entry.
How to upload my materials to the ZENODO platform
- Access the Disease Maps Community on Zenodo
- Click the “New upload” button
- Paste your abstract in the “Description” field
- Upload your required files in the “Files” section, either by drag and drop or by clicking the “Choose files” button’
- for presenters, a PDF file with the poster, a slide deck (PDF or PPT) and a MP4 file with the recorded presentation
- for speakers, a slide deck (PDF or PPT)
- Choose “Poster” (for poster presenters) or “Presentation” (for speakers) category, even though you will be uploading a video.
- Make sure the content is Open Access, so others can see your poster and watch your presentation. We suggest the default OA license (Creative Commons 4.0 Attribution International)
- Publication date should be default, the date of the upload.
- Important: Please check Zenodo policies.
An example entry can be found here.